Hearts for People Who Love Card Games
Hearts is all about strategy and tactics as you attempt to dodge hearts, all the while dealing them out to your opponents. Black Maria brings this game to life by pitting you against quirky opponents, providing an adjustable challenge level, and expansion packs to keep things interesting.
There's no reason that you have to play against bland, featureless opponents: Black Maria gives you computer competitors that have personalities - names, faces, and dialogue. They'll taunt you when you trip up, complain when you deal them points, and rejoice when they force you to take the queen of spades.
Hand Held Strategy
You'll need all the strategy and deception that you can muster when playing hearts. Unlike those other card games, in hearts you'll want to walk away with the fewest points possible, while forcing your opponents to take them by the truckload. That is, unless you have the nerve to try to shoot the moon by capturing all the point cards.
Something For Everyone
Black Maria brings hearts to the iPhone in spades. If you're just starting out, you'll want to take advantage of the full in game tutorial, the on demand suggestions, and if you're feeling cheeky, the ability to peek at your opponent's hand. Once you've gained some experience, you can up the ante by selecting any of the four levels of difficulty, or customize the rules to your liking. You can always keep the game fresh with expansion packs to add new opponents, wallpapers, or other enhancements.
Built in Characters
- Catsro, a communist cat bent on overthrowing his human oppressors
- Bruce, a cricket wrangler
- Pam, an unhelpful psychiatrist
- Jack, a pacifist, pirate, and insurance salesman
- Val, a vegan vampire
- Bud, a down on his luck farmer
- Emma, a very misguided dog trainer
- iPhone or iPod Touch
- iOS 4.0 or greater
- 7 MB
- Full in-game tutorial to teach you how to play hearts.
- On demand suggestions so you never get stuck, plus give you a chance to learn new tricks.
- Multiple levels of undo keep Black Maria forgiving with both tactical mistakes and mis-taps.
- Three built in competitors keep things lively through their taunts and banter. Never play a faceless, characterless opponent again.
- Add more puns and other tomfoolery with up to four additional opponents.
- Change up the scenery a bit with up to four more wallpapers.
- Play the game how you want to play it by adding settings for speed of play, difficulty, and alternative rules.
- Avoid frustration and regret by peeking at your competitor's cards.
- Enjoy an ad-free experience and the peace of mind that comes with supporting an indie developer.